CDs & DVDs
- How to Create an Audio CD - dummies
- Insert a blank CD in the CD/DVD-R/RW drive
- Open WMP (Windows Media Player)
- Click either the Library button or the Burn button
- Drag & Drop any albums or playlists to the "Burn List" (on the right-hand side)
- Click on the "Start Burn" button (at the bottom-right corner)
Video & Video Editing
- see also: graphics.htm#videos
- see also: Photography Topics ...
- Rotate Video
- How to Capture Video Clips in Windows 10 | PCMag.com
- Enjoy Videos on Portable Devices - ExtremeTech
- Blu-Ray players
- Video (YouTube, etc.)
- How to Make a Documentary - Thanks to Jean Miller for recommending this site.
- How To Save A Video Embedded On A Website - Easy & Step By Step - YouTube
- Video Formats Explained | Videomaker.com
- MP4 with H.264 encoding
- h.264 = MPEG-4/AVC (Advanced Video Coding)
- MOV - by Apple - Most platforms can read it. QuickTime (.mov or .qt)
- AVCHD - by Sony & Panasonic - Advanced Video Coding, High Definition
- WMV - by Microsoft - Windows Media Video
- Avoid: .avi, .asf, .flv, .swf (see Flash), .m4v, DivX
- Disable Windows AutoPlay
- How do you turn off internet auto-play in Windows 10? - Microsoft Community
- Start > Settings > Devices > AutoPlay > Use AutoPlay for all media and devices > off
- Start > Settings > (search for) Control Panel > Internet Options > Programs (tab) > Manage add-ons (button) > Microsoft Windows Third Party Application Component > (select) Shockwave Flash Object > Disable (button in bottom right corner of the window)
- Downloads for Windows - Windows Help
- Windows 10 Media Player doesn't support DVDs.
- Windows 7 Media Player should be able to play
- AVI (Windows)
- MOV (Apple Quicktime)
- Conversion =
Convert Media to different formats
- Rip | Copy your CD/DVD/BR
- Vertical Video Syndrome - A PSA - YouTube
- Codec - 'coder- decoder'
- Convert to other multimedia file formats ...
- Editing software for video
- Flash Video Studio - Publishing movies to the Web as Flash files with a SWF extension is the easiest way to deal with managing things like playback controls, fast forward, rewind and volume control.
- Players for VOB
- TMPG Enc Net - $0 - Convert AVI to MPEG
- VCD = Video CD
- Video for Television - PVR
- Videos on CD - Donnie wants to distribute his home movies on CD. Easy enough. Most DVD players and computer CD-ROM drives can handle a format called Video CD. You'll have to save your movies in MPEG 1 format first. Then use a CD burning program to create the Video CD. Adaptec's EZ CD Creator Deluxe and Ahead's Nero, among others, can write Video CDs.
- Guide to Archiving RedBook Standard Audio CD's @ AskWoody
- AnyBurn - $0
- Ripping & Storage & Media Management
- Conversion =
Convert Media to different formats
- New optical laser can increase DVD storage up to one petabyte | ExtremeTech - 2013-06-20
- CD Cloning
- Do not distribute commercial software. It is illegal to duplicate copyrighted software for any purpose other than creating a personal backup.
- Use CD burning software with RAW write or DAO (disk-at-once) capability. Your CD burner must also be RAW write or DAOA capable. In RAW mode, the laser beam makes a strict, bit-for-bit copy of the protected CD. Even bad sectors, which are often used for copy protection, are duplicated.
- CD-ROM emulator = Virtual hard drive = Store your most-used CDs as images on your computer and just call them up at the click of a button! And then run them at 200x the speed of some CD drives and without requiring the CD itself = "It creates a virtual image of your disk and puts it in a virtual hard drive that replicates putting the CD in the drive"
- WimMedia = Western Imperial Magnetics Media | Blank Media | Duplication | Duplicators - Richmond, BC
- Five useful tools to help with your DVD burning tasks - TechRepublic
- The Best Disc Burning Software | PCMag
- How to Burn a DVD | Storage - Optical | Asked and Answered
- Alcohol Software
- AnyDVD, CloneDVD, CloneCD, Any DVD, Clone DVD, CloneCD - SlySoft
- CD-Recordable FAQ
- CD Ripper,CD to MP3,MP3,DVD,DVD Ripper
- CDBurnerXP Pro - freeware - $0
- File (menu) > Video DVD layout ... > Select the folder that contains the DVD files > Create movie image (button)
- CDex - Ripping
- CDR-Info, The Recording Authority
- DAEMON-Tools.cc - €39.90
- Dr. DivX - US$10
- DVD Copiers - Compare Top DVD Copiers
- DVD Copy Pro - Copy Any DVD To A CD! - US$25
- DVD Decrypter
- DVD X Copy - not recommended?
- DVD player software, DVD/video player software, free downloads, codecs
- DVD Shrink - $0 - Great progam!!!
- elby CloneDVD 2
- Foxreal Studio - Free YouTube Downloader, Video Converter, Rip/Convert BD/DVD Movies to iPad/iPhone 4/Droid X, etc – Foxreal Software
- HandBrake - Rip DVD to HD - Ripping
- ImgBurn - Image Burner (rip & create images, burn images) - $0 -
- InterVideo: Digital Video and Audio Multimedia Products - US$80
- Kaleidescape System - (a PC jukebox)
- Poikosoft - Easy CD-DA Extractor - Ripping
- RealDVD (by RealNetworks) - Ripping
- Roxio - Easy CD & DVD Creator - US$80 - TechTv says there may be bugs, but a good program otherwise
- SlySoft Products | Copy Movie DVDs with AnyDVD and CloneDVD
- Sonic Solutions - DVD Burning - DVD Decoder - DVD & Video Editing Software - US$80
- Video (YouTube, etc.)
- VideoHelp.com - recommended by Ziff Davis, PC Magazine, DL.TV
- VSO Software, CD and DVD copy recording applications for your backups - Free Download
What you'll need to do is connect a tape player to your sound card's line-in terminal with a 1/8" mini-jack and record the contents of your tape as a WAV file.
Once you've recorded your WAV file, it's very easy to make an audio CD-R using software designed for that task. You'll also need a CD-R drive, of course.
Before you create the CDs, you may want to transfer the WAV files to an editing studio. Pro Tools, Sound Forge (Sony Creative Software - Sound Forge Audio Studio home recording studio software & music editor), or Cool Edit Pro (= Adobe - Soundbooth CS3, Audio Editing Software) will work just fine. Let your budget determine which one you get.
Digidesign has recently made a free version of Pro Tools available. Pro Tools is the industry standard among recording professionals worldwide. It's not a user-friendly program but you can download a copy to edit and clean up WAV files before burning them to CD.
- Video Express Multimedia Montreal: Video Transfers, DVD, CD Duplication and More
- DVD info (Digital Versatile Disc, former known as Digital Video Disc)
- CD-RAM Yamaha/Hitachi Standard
- CD+RW Sony/Philips/HP Standard
- DVD-R Pioneer
- Rewriteable CD / DVD
- CD-RW Yamaha/Hitachi Standard
- Music CD-R vs. regular Data CD-R discs
Music CD-Rs pay a royalty to the RIAA.
Set top CD recorders will only burn audio to a music CD-R.
When burning audio with your computer, it doesn't matter which type of CD-R you use.
- DVD-R format or the DVD+R format? - DVD-R has better success at being compatible with set top DVD players. Go with a DVD-R burner. Kevin wants to let people know that the "+" in DVD+R doesn't mean it's a better format. If you want a DVD burner that does both formats, you can go with a Sony burner.
- Blu-ray vs. HD-DVD
- Blu-ray and HD-DVD are both blue-laser-based formats
- the current DVD format is red-laser-based technology.
- Both are backward-compatible with current DVDs? Some say only HD-DVD is backward-compatible
- Both enable more content per optical disk.
- HP is backing both standards
- Blu-ray is supported by Sony, Dell, LG, Panasonic, Pioneer, Samsung, Apple, HP, LG, Philips, Thompson, and a host of other CE and computer companies, in addition to most of the studios in Hollywood.
- 25GB on one layer, 50GB on two layers
- Pioneer was the first to market
- HD-DVD is supported by Toshiba, NEC, Sanyo, Acer, HP, Intel, Kenwood, Lenovo, Microsoft, NEC, and the DVD-Forum; Warner and Paramount are the major studios committed solely to HD-DVD
- 15GB on a single layer, 30GB on dual layer discs
- backward compatible with standard DVD disks