- Framework for the allocation of limited malaria vaccine supply
- Structure of the malaria vaccine candidate Pfs48/45 and its recognition by transmission blocking antibodies | bioRxiv
- This parasite will self-destruct: researchers discover new weapon against drug-resistant malaria
- First Malaria Vaccine Approved by W.H.O. - The New York Times
- Vaccine - R21/MM vaccine - R21 vaccine with the Matrix-M adjuvant - 3 shots + booster after one year
- Lariam (= Mefloquine = Mephaquine) Mefloquine should be considered strictly as a treatment drug, not a preventative. Neuro-toxicity. Side-effects may begin with diarrhea (not necessarily 'disabling'). The disabling 'unwanted effects' can be dizziness, lethargy, insomnia, 'pins-and-needles', severe headache or migraine, uncontrollable anxiety, unexplained depression, and sometimes developing further into symptoms as severe as a violent mood shift, fits and seizures, panic attacks, and serious psychosis ('detachment from reality'). These are the so-called neuro-psychiatric effects.The residual effects of mefloquine can last years. Mefloquine is not recommended for divers because: it may have adverse side-effects on the sense of balance; it may induce side-effects which could be mis-diagnosed as neurological decompression illness; it may adversely interact with the effects of raised partial pressure of nitrogen. Combined with other problems (allergies; epilepsy; kidney or liver or heart complaints; pregnancy) or other drugs (beta-blockers; any other anti-malarial drug; halofantrine), Mefloquine can be fatal.
- Doxycycline (= Vibramycin) May increase photosensitivity (susceptibility to sunburn).
- Chloroquine. Often combined with proguanil. (Aralene?)
- chloroquine phosphate
- 2020 CoViD-19 Pandemic: People died after self-medicating with this drug after President D.Trump recommended (in the 2020-03-20 White House briefing) two anti-malaria medications. Do not take these drugs for CoViD-19 (to prevent or to cure). They are not effective and can be deadly.
- Avoid being bitten (insects / bugs / mosquitos) ...