- Attachments: Do NOT send the file as an attachment in an e-mail. = 0% (for your paper) - You must upload the file.
- Hidden Filename Extensions: You should never hide your filename extensions in your operating system.
- Windows 7 > Windows Explorer > Tools (menu) > Folder options... > View (tab) > ☐ Hide extensions for known file types (i.e. uncheck this checkbox) > OK
- Windows 8 > File Explorer > View (Ribbon menu) > ☑ File name extensions (i.e. check this checkbox)
Extensions: (for files you submit by uploading them to the server)
- MS-Word format (RTF or DOC or DOCX).
- .DOCX (= Microsoft Word 2007 and later)
- .DOC (= Microsoft Word 2003 and earlier)
- .RTF (= Microsoft Word 95 and earlier = Rich Text Format)
- RTF is not the best choice for a filename extension. - security hole, KB 2953095
- MS-PowerPoint format
- OK to upload your presentation files in MS-PowerPoint format (PPT or PPTX).
- OK to embed your Prezi in your PPTX only if it will run offline, without the Internet.
- .ZIP = Prezi
- OK to upload your presentation files in a ZIP (compressed file) format only if it is a Prezi that will run offline (=without an Internet connection).
- If you upload your Prezi as a ZIP, make sure you add the word "Prezi" to the filename.
- MS-Excel format
- Adobe Portable Document Format
- .pages (= Apple format)
- .ODT (= Open Office document text)
- .Nothing --- (You will receive 0% for the paper.)
- .nothing (i.e. no filename extension)
- No filename extension = Niente = Nada = Nothing after the dot = 0% (for your paper)
- .ZIP = (a compressed format)
= an archive file format = 0% (for your paper, unless it is a Prezi)
- Other formats wll not be accepted (=unacceptable) = 0%
(for your paper)
= If I have difficulty opening your file, it won't be marked.
- If the file can't be opened, it can't be marked.