Windows 10 May 2019 Update: Everything you need to know - TechRepublic
Installing a new version of Windows on your computer (clean install):
- 7 commands to reinstall or upgrade Windows 10 computers - TechRepublic
- Norton Internet Security
- Windows Update (repeat & reboot many times) + Service Packs
- Internet Explorer update - x64
- Warning: It is not possible to make MSIE-9-x64 the default browser. If you click on a link in another app, the page will open in MSIE-x32.
- Drivers (graphics, mouse, keyboard, monitor, printer drivers, etc.)
- It is usually preferable to get the drivers from the manufacturer's site, rather than from MS.
- Caps Lock OFF
- NumLock ON ...
- Show Desktop icon on tray
- R-click on Taskbar > Toolbars > New Toolbar > Paste this string into the text box: %appdata%\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch
- R-click on the Quick Launch area of the Taskbar > Properties > Uncheck Show Text > Uncheck Show Title
- Windows Vista x64 > Control Panel > Mail (32-bit)
- To set up e-mail in Outlook.