Links and References
What are the entrepreneur's goals and objectives?
What strategies will be used to obtain them?
How will these strategies be implemented?
- Cover Page
- Executive Summary
- Table of Contents
- Company Description
- (Background/History of the Enterprise)
- Product or Service Description
- Marketing Assessment
- Operating Plan
- Financial Assessment
- Supporting Details (Basic Data) / Appendices
- market analysis, SWOT for existing firms, proposed competitive strategy
Business Plan = a detailed written statement that describes the nature of the business, the target market, the advantages, the business will have over competitors, the resources and qualifications of the owners, and much more
- cash budget, income statement, balance sheets, break-even chart, cash flows, cash budget
Small Business & Entrepreneurship - Chapter 7 - Understanding Canadian Business - Nickels*McHugh*McHugh*Berman*Cossa
- get assistance
- professional advice (accountants, lawyers, banks)
- books and articles
- cover letter
- company background
- management team
- financial plan
- capital required
- marketing plan
- location analysis
- manufacturing plan
- takes months to prepare - most entrepreneurs don't spend enough time preparing a good business plan
- Comparison of Business Plan software packages
- (a lab exercise)
- Cover Page (=Title Page) is always required.
- Find five software packages that could be used to create a business plan.
- Give the Name of each package and the:
- URL of the manufacturer of each package.
- Price ($CAD)?
- What special features distinguish each of these software packages?
- Which one do you prefer? Why?
- Would it be a good idea to use such software for your business plan? Why or Why not?
- Upload your Word file.